Saturday, February 6, 2016

February

I've been a little quiet on the blog lately. I haven't forgotten about this space, just been super busy. Work is going great, been acting in an even higher position (I now supervise someone). Work definitely keeps me busy as I'm learning so much new stuff and training someone. 

My grandfather just got out of the hospital on Friday. He had gone for a simple knee replacement just before Christmas and had quite a few complications. He ended up in ICU, and almost flat lined a couple times, but he's a fighter and made it through and now he's home.

My mom spent a couple nights in the hospital earlier last week. She had been off her chemo pills for a month and had gone in for routine blood work and her platelet count was 1. Her doctor sent her over to emergency where she was admitted and given a platelet transfusion. They watched her for a couple days and checked her platelet levels and all seems to be good now. If your healthy and able please donate blood and plasma. Before my mom got sick she was a long term blood and plasma donor. Who would have thought she would benefit from someone else's donation.

Hubs is doing great after his surgery. He just had his 3 week check up and is recovering great. He still can't chew and eat completely solid food, but he's been making some pretty creative blender meals.

On the home front, we have been pretty busy. Don't want to go into details yet but some exciting times are ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment