Saturday, January 2, 2016

Quick breakfast 1

Egg and ham English muffin

So often people rush around in the morning running late for work or leaving themselves little time for breakfast. I've started making egg and ham English muffins.
 
They are so easy and quick to make and can even be made ahead of time and frozen ( I've never froze the entire sandwich but seen the idea Pinterest). I think they are quick enough to make fresh that you don't need to freeze pre-made ones. 

Making your own means you know what goes into it, can customize it each day and it's much cheaper then stopping at a fast food place every morning.

I buy English muffins when they come on sale, make sure they are split apart, then freeze them.

I take a slice of ham and lay it on the bottom of the bowl. Then I add a few hot peppers (you can add anything you like) and crack the egg on top of this. I break my egg yolk so it cooks more evenly and isn't left runny. Then I put it in the microwave covered and cook it for a couple minutes (you can cook your egg however you like to eat it). 

While my egg is cooking I pop an English muffin in the toaster (it usually finishes cooking just as my egg finishes). I slice a bit of cheese and place it on my egg to melt it a bit once my egg is finished cooking. 

Then I place my ham/egg combo on the English muffin and enjoy! 

This whole process takes maybe 5 minutes. No more time really then pouring a bowl of cereal.

You can customize by adding any meat, salsa, different cheeses, herbs, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment