Friday, January 1, 2016

Hitting the gym

As part of my resolution to get healthier and lose weight in 2016 I have decided to get serious about hitting up the gym. Our gym passes are good for the big gym about 10 minutes from our house; but it's so busy and can be tricky getting the machines you want (doesn't make for a good workout when you need to wait on machines). The other day we checked out the other rec centre near our home. It's a bit smaller but within walking distance (bonus for a pre workout warmup and post workout cool down!). It's on my way home from work and our gym passed work for this place as well. I asked when the busy times were and she said their wasn't really (although it could be slightly busier in January for all those new resolutions). Either way, I'm excited to get back on the band wagon and take charge of my health and weight this year. I'm also hoping this will kickstart some positive changes with some issues I've been having. To be held accountable I'm going to start doing Wednesday weigh ins (I won't post my exact weight but will post what I want to lose and how much I have lost/gained each week). Tomorrow I will do my first check in so I have a starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment