Sunday, September 6, 2015

It's September!

September has arrived and with it comes my return to blogging. I haven't written a post since the one for our 5th wedding Anniversary in July.

I love keeping up with the blog reading but sometime I get to caught up in life to sit and write myself. I'm going to make a better attempt of blogging again as its so nice to be able to look back over the years and see what I was doing last September or 3 years ago.

Life for the hubs and I has been pretty good. We've both been keeping really busy and since I haven't blogged in a little while I think this will be a catch up post on a bunch of misc. items.

* The last weekend of July, hubs and I went up island to the Sea Fair. Hubs has been wanting to take me for years but our schedules never worked out to allow us to go. This year however we were able to make it work! We stayed with hubs' stepdad and family, which was awesome as we were able to walk to the fair from their house. The fair was free to get into, we walked around and enjoyed the booths, watching the rides, and eating a sno-cone. We went back later in the evening to watch the fireworks and I must say they were pretty spectacular!!

Earlier in the day, before heading to the fair we went to the airshow that was going on at the airport. It was a small airshow and their was an old car show as well happening so lots to see and do! Not to mention we ran into quite a few of hubs family members.

The weather was hot and sunny, so we enjoyed a treat of gelato at a local gelato place on the main street of town (delicious and inexpensive!) and picked up some deer pepperoni (my first time trying it). We spent an evening out at hubs' families cabin and went for a picnic boat ride on the ocean. The sunset was amazing! We even got to see seals and sea lions resting on the rocks.

The following day we took hubs step-sister with us and we strolled around town, browsing art shops, book stores, antique shops and second hand stores. We stopped for supper at the delicious Coastal Cookery per the recommendation of hubs step-sister and it was delicious!! We will definitely make it a point to go again next time we are up there.

* I've been hanging out a couple times with a new friend I've made. She is the newly married wife of one of my husbands coworkers. She lives not far from us and we get along great. We went and had manicures down a couple weeks ago, and last night I went over to their place and she made homemade apple cider and we enjoyed blizzards and cinnamon buns!

* The brownie batter blizzard made a reappearance, however I never did get one. I tried ordering one at on DQ and when they gave it to me it was not a brownie batter blizzard. When I complained they said they were out of the mix (So why didn't they tell me this when I ordered it?) and made them remake me a different blizzard.

* Last night we went to DQ and the pumpkin pie blizzard is out!!!! If you read my blog, you know I have a love for anything pumpkin, so of course I had to get one. When I first tried it, I didn't really care for the pie pieces, so now I order it with the pie filling and brownie chunks instead.

* My parents are coming out to visit, my mom arrives next Saturday and is here for 3 weeks and my dad comes out the week after for 2 weeks. Will be nice to see family. I think we plan on having an early thanksgiving dinner with them while they are out.

* Work is going great. I was extended at my current position (I am on an acting assignment away from my actual position). I had an interview at the end of august for a pool. I really hope I get into the pool as its a nice pay increase and would be great for career advancement.

No comments:

Post a Comment