Sunday, April 6, 2014

Life Update

Life has been so busy lately, I know, I know I always say that, but there has been a big change around here.

Early March I went on 2 job interviews and was offered a job as a pharmacy assistant. I almost took it but the pay was quite a bit lower and there wasn't as good benefits and time off as my current job. Around the same time, a CR 03 job came up at work (basically like an admin assistant) so I applied, went for an interview and the day of Hubs birthday I found out.....


I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We are so excited because the job is full time permanent, meaning I stopped working in the kitchen as of April 1 and now work in an office as an administrative assistant for someone!!!

I'm so excited as it is Monday-Friday, holidays and weekends off. My vacation time, pension, and benefits fully carry with me so I'm not out anything other then a possible small pay decrease (which would go up each year until I'm making more then I did in my old job).

Obviously I have been busy preparing for the new job. I had to go and buy a few more office friendly clothes (as I wore a uniform before), and now I can enjoy shoe shopping!! My friends and coworkers from the kitchen surprised me with a gift card to an awesome clothing store so that helped me with picking up a few extra items for the office.

Hubs and I had a double reason to celebrate the day of his birthday. We ended up going out for dinner at a new place not far from us, recommended by our mortgage person and it was really good. We had a nice quiet birthday and ended up coming home and celebrating more with a bottle or two of good wine afterwards.

I also got exciting news from my best friend a week ago. Wont share it as it hasn't been made public yet. But I definitely wanted to express my happiness as I know she reads my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment