Friday, June 22, 2012

Wedding Invites

When Hubs and I first got engaged I started looking for wedding invites. Boy was I suprised to find out how expensive they are. I looked into professional companies (way way to expensive), online companies (wasn't comfortable with doing everything online), and some local businesses (looked a little to cheap in my mind). I started looking into the idea of doing my own wedding invites (thanks The Knot for the idea) and started looking around. I decided to check out Michael's Craft Store, since the girls on the Knot were always using Michaels for all sorts of wedding DIY. They had a huge selection of wedding invites to choose from and at a decent price. I was lucky to come across 2 different sets (1 chocolate brown and 1 light blue), that fit my wedding colors so I bought one of each (unfortunately I can't find them on the Michaels website anymore).  They were from the Bride collection and cost $55 each (for 30 invites I believe). I bought them with 50% off store coupons, so I was able to get 2 boxes of invites for $55.

I was a little worried about doing the invites on my own but they turned out pretty good. The invites came with instruction on how to word various parts, as well as how to run them through the printer. The first 1-2 invites I did ended up working out the kinks and after that it was smooth sailing. I loved that I could customize the font color and style and word the invites however I liked. I ended up mixing and matching both boxes of invites to get our wedding colors in each invite. I also hand addressed the envelopes as I found it easier then typing and printing each envelope. I was also pleased to find out that my invites could be mailed with a regular postage stamp.

The brown invite set

Here is a pic of one of our finished invites, sorry its on its side, I can't seem to turn it around.

I would definitly recommend the Bride collection of invites to any Bride. They are easy to use, inexpensive and a fun way to DIY part of your wedding day

No comments:

Post a Comment