Monday, June 25, 2012

Wedding DIY

To help cut costs for our wedding, I DIY'd a bunch of items, or purchased items that weren't considered wedding-y, but still worked with our theme.


I found our initials and last name initial at Michaels, and thought it would be cute to put them on our candy table, blinged up a bit.

Decorated with white and chocolate brown stick on half pearls

                                       Decorated with white and aqua stick on half pearls

                                  Tealight holders I found in our wedding colors for a buck a piece

 I bought the girls a crystal pin with their first name initial on it to be placed on their bouquet. I paid $3 for each one from Walmart.

 I bought these earring and necklace sets from walmart for each of the bridesmaids. The necklace had each girls first name initial. It made them extra special to wear on the wedding day.

 I bought these cards in the discount bin at Michaels for $1 (per pack of 10) and used them for table numbers and menu cards. The aqua trim matched our colors and I printed the menu and table number in chocolate brown. The starfish holder was bought at the dollar store for 2 for $1.

I found these travel makeup bags at Superstore for the girls, they matched our colors perfectly and were $5 each.

Hubs found this cake cutting set at a little shop set up outside his work. They are made local and the colors in the stones matched perfectly.

I bought these Shoes at Le Chateau for $20 and decided to bling them up on my own

I bought these at Michaels Craft store, had to have one to keep and one to toss, paid ~15 for both

 I bought these little bags from Michaels (again going with the chocolate brown color), and personalized the stickers with our names, wedding date and last name in the big letter. I bought ribbon that said "thank you" ($1 a thing for the ribbon) for guests to use to close the bags

Used crystals to add my new last initial to the bottom of my wedding shoes

Bridesmaids used the crystals to add something blue to their flip flops. Flip flops were less then $5 at Old Navy for the girls.

Name brand of the crystals I used on my shoes and the girls shoes. I believe I paid around $8 for the pack, but there were a ton of crystals in it.

                                     I added our wedding date to the bottom of my other shoe

For our candy table, I hand made chocolate pretzels with light blue drizzle on them

I found iron on decals of "maid of honor, bridesmaid, and bride" for $1 a piece in the Michaels clearance bin. We picked up black and a white tshirt at Walmart for $5 each, and wore these to my bachelorette party.

No comments:

Post a Comment