Sunday, June 10, 2012

Our Wedding Photographer

Choosing a photographer for your wedding day can be such a daunting task. The photographer you pick will be capturing all the memories and moments of your special day that you will look back on for years to come. In looking for a photographer, I wanted someone who gave me the rights to my pictures (many photographers make you buy your prints through them only). I wanted to be able to use my pictures however I wanted, and print them where I wanted too.

I started looking for photographers by searching the web. I'd look through galleries of photo's of wedding days, engagement shoots and any other work the photographer did to get an idea of their style and whether or not I liked it. My next step was emailing for pricings as many photographers didnt list their prices on their websites. Once I received pricings, I compared what you got in the package to how much the photographer charged. It was quite easy to narrow down my choices in photographers as some charged way to much for a basic package, and others I didn't feel like they captured the day very good (at least in the style of photography that I liked).

We ended up going with Pete Snell from Pete Snell Photography. He charged us around $3400 (can't remember the exact price now) which included:

-2 hr engagement session
-50 Save the Date Cards
-CD of engagement pictures
-All our wedding pictures on a CD
-A second photographer
-Both photographers for 12hrs (they were able to capture everything from getting ready to us cutting our cake and our dances)
-An amazing Bon Match Album
-Prints of our wedding pictures
-An 11x10 picture of our choosing

Pete was excellent to work with. He was willing to meet with us anytime to answer questions or make changes. He was also quick to reply to emails and phone calls. He meet with us countless times over the course of the year before our wedding to discuss details and show us albums, pictures, save the date cards, etc. If we weren't happy with something he worked quickly to fix the problem and make us happy. 

One of the things I enjoyed most about Pete is that he isn't an invasive photographer. I've attended weddings were you see the photographer more then the bride and groom during the ceremony and special moments. With Pete, I hardly seemed to notice him and often wondered if he was even capturing some moments (not only did he capture every moment, there were moments he captured that I had no clue how he managed to get them).

No comments:

Post a Comment